Whether they are called end tables, console tables, side tables or accent tables, clearly it's obvious that this critical piece of furniture has many options for versatility and function. Ever since the Egyptians crafted these items of convenience from stone for game playing and frankly, to keep creatures off their luscious bowl of grapes, ideas for the use of end tables have sprung forth like the waters of the Nile.
Ever tried to balance a laptop computer or a cup of coffee on the arm of your sofa, sometimes with disastrous results? Investing in a well-placed end table is well worth the frustration of cleaning up a spill or replacing a hard drive! But just as importantly, it adds a decorative accent and sense of completion to a furniture grouping that can be purchased from best furniture shops in Bhiwandi.
If you like to play chess or cards, these tables are uniquely adaptable to smaller areas of your home that may not be able to accommodate a larger piece of furniture. Other areas perfect for end tables are hallways, nooks, bathrooms and kitchens. You may even have a large closet where shelves are not practical but an appropriately sized end table serves the perfect purpose for stowing away a purse, a jewelry box or a potpourri bowl full of dried flowers.
If you have a large area or a long, rectangular room, you could try placing your furniture so you have distinct areas for multiple functions. This is particularly effective in a great room or open living plan, where you may spend time conversing in one area, playing piano or listening to music in another, and doing work or homework in yet another corner of the room.
End tables aren't just for sitting at the end of a couch or chair anymore:
- Teak or slatted tables, whether round, rectangular or square, are perfect for your patio or garden area
- Leather bound tables can serve a double use as an ottoman to rest your feet or provide storage for games or blankets
- High tables can include multiple levels for plants, books, vases and pottery
- Using stone and glass for a tabletop is perfect for kitchen tasks such as rolling out pastry or as a cutting surface
- Does your home feature a clawfoot bathtub? If so, you may choose to place an end table next to the tub to hold a comforting cup of tea or a nice jar of bath salts
- Larger tables can attractively store and organize your library of DVDs or photo albums for convenient display.
- If you have limited counter space for cooking, a small table is perfect for holding your cookbook or even the ever-present cellphone. You will be thankful that your bubbling concoction doesn't mar your recipe or ruin your portable electronic device.
- Too many remote controls cluttering your living room? Tired of rummaging through your couch in a frustrating attempt to change the channel or turn on the stereo? Small end tables with drawers keep these devices hidden away but conveniently located.
Finally, if you're a do-it yourselfer, create your own masterpiece! Unfinished tables are perfect for decorating and designing. If you have that unique color in your bedroom that's really hard to match, or you want to try some special painting techniques such as texturing or stenciling, a wide variety of unfinished pieces are also available online. You can take advantage of fine craftsmanship in a variety of designs as your base project and then go crazy with color or texture.
No matter the size of the area, end tables are the perfect fit for any room in your home.